Entry Level Pastry Cook - Production
Bern's Steak House is looking for someone responsible to create high quality pastry dishes with the standard recipes and presentations of Bern's Steak House in order to maintain quality standards and consistency of product. Also assist in production and maintenance of par stocks of pastry and dessert with proper rotation of products while maintaining the highest cleanliness and hygiene standard in the pastry and bakery section.
- Work day-to-day operations of the pastry and bakery section of the kitchen.
- Prepare a wide variety of goods such as cakes, cookies, pies, etc. following Bern's Steak House recipes.
- Ensure excellent quality throughout the dessert offerings.
- Follows proper handling and right temperature of all food products throughout the entire shift.
- Decorate pastries and desserts using different types of icings, toppings etc. and ensure the food presentation will be beautiful and exciting.
- Checks the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
- Report all equipment problems and maintenance issues, known safety hazards, or unsafe practices and procedures to supervisor immediately.
- Attends all scheduled employee meetings.
- Must possess a positive attitude and have the ability to work with a variety of people and in cooperation with co-workers efficiently and effectively.
- Must possess attention to detail.
- Must work well with others and be a team player.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Must have the ability to multitask in a high-volume restaurant setting.
- Operates and maintains all department equipment and reports malfunctions.
- Maintains cleanliness and organization in all work areas.
- Must have consideration, respect to our guests and co-workers.
- Must be in compliance with food hygiene and Health and Safety standards.
- Possess professional disposition with good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work a variety of shifts including weekends, days, afternoons and evenings.
- Positive attitude, guest oriented and service minded.
High school diploma and 1 year experience in the pastry, food and beverage, or related professional area.
Benefits and Perks
- Closed Every Monday 2023
- Closed Holidays 2023
- Gasparilla Invasion January 28, 2023
- Memorial Day May 29, 2023
- Labor Day September 4, 2023
- Christmas Day December 25, 2023
- Holiday Bonus Shift Pay for Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Eve
- Custom Supplemental Insurance Coverages Through AFLAC
- Life Insurance Policy (10-, 20-, & 30-year terms)
- Short Term Disability Income Insurance
- Accident Advantage On/Off Job Insurance
- Cancer Protection Insurance
- Critical Care Protection Insurance
- Hospital Choice Insurance
- Bereavement Pay for Loss of Immediate Family, Extended Family, and Pets
- Referral Bonus Program of up to $500/Referral
- Family First Discounts
- 20% off entire bill at Haven restaurant & bar for employee and up to 3 guests
- 20% off food and non-alcoholic drinks at Bern’s Steak House for employee and up to 3 guests
- 20% off food and non-alcoholic drinks at the Harry Waugh Dessert Room for employee and up to 3 guests
- 10% off total purchase at Bern’s Fine Wines & Spirits retail store
- 20% off entire bill for all meal periods at Élevage SOHO Kitchen & Bar for employee
- 20% off Spa Services at Spa Evangeline for employee
- 20% off Epicurean Theatre classes per online purchase
- Marriott Friends and Family Discount for hotel accommodations
- Complimentary Family Meal and/or $3 Discounted Meal per shift
- Free, Secure, Covered Parking
- Custom Packaging Health Plan Options with Tenured Based Employer Contribution
- Internal Career Growth Opportunities
- Tenured Anniversary Pay for maintaining full-time status (5 days up to 20 days paid annually)
- 401K Employer Match of 25% Up to the First 6%
- 100% Education Reimbursement Program for Approved Courses and Certifications with Supplemental Reimbursement for Travel and Materials
The Company values a diverse workforce with all the unique qualities that individuals of various backgrounds and experiences offer our organization. We are committed to providing opportunities and developing employees to their fullest potential without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, marital status, military status, disability, sexual orientation or any other status protected by law.