Server Assistant - Food Runner Steakhouse
Bern's Steak House is seeking dedicated, detail oriented and professional candidates for an entry level position in a high-volume fine dining restaurant. We will provide you with the tools to learn, grow, and become a confident and knowledgeable asset in any restaurant.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Running food, placing food in front of guests.
- Clearing tables, stocking and contributing to the overall success of the team through service support.
- Resetting tables (placing runners, napkins and silverware on tables)
- Assisting servers as needed such as filling water, coffee.
- Refilling ice bins and maintaining it full during service.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities of the position in a timely and effective manner.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Maintain cleanliness and sanitation throughout the entire shift in all servers stations.
- Maintain safety standards at all times.
- Develop a working knowledge of current menus.
- Self-motivated and able to prioritize changing needs during the shift.
- Able to work within a team environment to coordinate a one of a kind dining experience with upbeat, outgoing and positive energy.
- Accountability, professionalism and a high level of conscientiousness regarding the guest experience.
- Florida SafeStaff Certification (classes provided within the company if you are not certified)
- TIPS Certification (classes provided within the company if you are not certified)
Qualifications and Skills
- Attention to detail.
- Maintain a positive attitude, a friendly smile at all times, look the part and project a professional image at all times
- Ability to work calmly and efficiently in a high-volume, fast-paced environment.
- Must maintain a professional demeanor and well-groomed appearance at all times.
- Must be available nights, weekends, and some holidays.
- Ability to work independently while still contributing to overall goals of the team.
- Must be able to work with your hands, stand, bend and lift for extended periods of time.
- Must be reliable and able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to perform the following: carrying or lifting items weighing up to 25 pounds, moving about the restaurant, handling food, plates, trays, glasses etc, bending, stooping and kneeling
Benefits and Perks
- Closed Every Monday 2023
- Closed Holidays 2023
- Gasparilla Invasion January 28, 2023
- Memorial Day May 29, 2023
- Labor Day September 4, 2023
- Christmas Day December 25, 2023
- Holiday Bonus Shift Pay for Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Eve
- Custom Supplemental Insurance Coverages Through AFLAC
- Life Insurance Policy (10-, 20-, & 30-year terms)
- Short Term Disability Income Insurance
- Accident Advantage On/Off Job Insurance
- Cancer Protection Insurance
- Critical Care Protection Insurance
- Hospital Choice Insurance
- Bereavement Pay for Loss of Immediate Family, Extended Family, and Pets
- Referral Bonus Program of up to $500/Referral
- Family First Discounts
- 20% off entire bill at Haven restaurant & bar for employee and up to 3 guests
- 20% off food and non-alcoholic drinks at Bern’s Steak House for employee and up to 3 guests
- 20% off food and non-alcoholic drinks at the Harry Waugh Dessert Room for employee and up to 3 guests
- 10% off total purchase at Bern’s Fine Wines & Spirits retail store
- 20% off entire bill for all meal periods at Élevage SOHO Kitchen & Bar for employee
- 20% off Spa Services at Spa Evangeline for employee
- 20% off Epicurean Theatre classes per online purchase
- Marriott Friends and Family Discount for hotel accommodations
- Complimentary Family Meal and/or $3 Discounted Meal per shift
- Free, Secure, Covered Parking
- Custom Packaging Health Plan Options with Tenured Based Employer Contribution
- Internal Career Growth Opportunities
- Tenured Anniversary Pay for maintaining full-time status (5 days up to 20 days paid annually)
- 401K Employer Match of 25% Up to the First 6%
- 100% Education Reimbursement Program for Approved Courses and Certifications with Supplemental Reimbursement for Travel and Materials
The Company values a diverse workforce with all the unique qualities that individuals of various backgrounds and experiences offer our organization. We are committed to providing opportunities and developing employees to their fullest potential without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, marital status, military status, disability, sexual orientation or any other status protected by law.