Restaurant General Manager- Haven
Haven is looking for a professional General Manager who is responsible for overseeing all facets of daily operations in the front of the house. These responsibilities include but are not limited to product presentation, guest experience and the guidance and support of wait staff, bartenders, runners and hosts. Most importantly the candidate must have a passion for hospitality and a drive to increase their knowledge in every aspect of this position. This position requires a proficient wine and spirits knowledge base.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assist all employees and determines how to best utilize staff for each shift.
- Manage all employees to maintain highest quality standards through hands on leadership.
- Assist in all facets of staff hiring, development, counseling, promotion, discipline and termination.
- Promote proper safety and sanitary practices while maintaining a professional demeanor.
- Ensure compliance with operational standards and company policies as well as federal, state and local laws.
- Actively participate as a member of the management team.
- Respond to guest comments and complaints and seek every opportunity to build a lasting guest experience while educating and empowering others to act in a similar capacity.
- Set excellent guest service standards and work ethic examples.
- Demonstrate knowledge of entire menu including ingredients and preparation.
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum 2 years of previous dining experience. (preferably fine dining)
- Strong and stable work history.
- Work in a fast paced environment while maintaining and projecting professionalism, internally and externally, at all times.
- Lift and carry 30 lbs.
- Proficient wine and spirits knowledge base.
- Availability to work a flexible schedule including weekends, late nights and holidays.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Basic computer proficiency including Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
Benefits and Perks
- Closed Every Sunday and most Mondays 2023
- Closed Holidays 2023
- New Year’s Day
- Gasparilla Invasion
- Easter Sunday
- Mother’s Day
- Memorial Day
- Father’s Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
- Holiday Bonus Shift Pay for Christmas Eve
- Tenured Accrual for Paid Time Off Begins On Your Date of Hire; Leave, Vacation, Emergencies and Sick Days (64 to 160 hours)
- Custom Supplemental Insurance Coverages Through AFLAC
- Life Insurance Policy (10-, 20-, & 30-year terms)
- Short Term Disability Income Insurance
- Accident Advantage On/Off Job Insurance
- Cancer Protection Insurance
- Critical Care Protection Insurance
- Hospital Choice Insurance
- Bereavement Pay for Loss of Immediate Family, Extended Family, and Pets
- Referral Bonus Program of up to $500/Referral
- Family First Discounts
- 50% off entire bill at Haven restaurant & bar for employee and up to 3 guests
- 50% off food and non-alcoholic drinks at Bern’s Steak House for employee and up to 3 guests
- 50% off food and non-alcoholic drinks at the Harry Waugh Dessert Room for employee and up to 3 guests
- 20% off total purchase at Bern’s Fine Wines & Spirits retail store
- 20% off entire bill for all meal periods at Élevage SOHO Kitchen & Bar for employee
- 20% off Spa Services at Spa Evangeline for employee
- 20% off Epicurean Theatre classes per online purchase
- Marriott Friends and Family Discount for hotel accommodations
- Complimentary Manager Shift Meal from the Restaurant’s Menu
- Free, Secure Parking
- Continued Education through Management Training Courses
- Educational Travel and Experiences for some Culinary, Wine and Spirits Positions
- Custom Packaging Health Plan Options with Tenure Based Employer Contribution
- Internal Career Growth Opportunities
- 401K Employer Match of 25% Up to the First 6%
- 100% Education Reimbursement Program for Approved Courses and Certifications with Supplemental Reimbursement for Travel and Materials
The Company values a diverse workforce with all the unique qualities that individuals of various backgrounds and experiences offer our organization. We are committed to providing opportunities and developing employees to their fullest potential without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, marital status, military status, disability, sexual orientation or any other status protected by law.