Lead Line Cook
Bern's Steak House is looking for that individual who wants to "take the next step" in their career. Looking for someone with a minimum 2 years line cook experience. Fine Dining experience a plus but not a requirement. Must have a willingness to learn, adapt and surmount any challenges that may come. Culinary graduates are a plus but not necessary.
- Must have general knowledge of cooking techniques.
- Prepare station with all necessary items/tools according to designated station.
- Prepare, cook, and plate all items on the designated station according to Chef standards.
- Ensure quality of all products with guidance from Chef.
- Maintain cleanliness and proper sanitation throughout each shift.
- Attention to detail and great communication skills.
- Must work well with others.
- Work quickly, safe and accurately under pressure during shift as well as multitasking
- Ability to lift 50+ pounds
Benefits and Perks
- Closed Every Monday 2023
- Closed Holidays 2023
- Gasparilla Invasion January 28, 2023
- Memorial Day May 29, 2023
- Labor Day September 4, 2023
- Christmas Day December 25, 2023
- Holiday Bonus Shift Pay for Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Eve
- Custom Supplemental Insurance Coverages Through AFLAC
- Life Insurance Policy (10-, 20-, & 30-year terms)
- Short Term Disability Income Insurance
- Accident Advantage On/Off Job Insurance
- Cancer Protection Insurance
- Critical Care Protection Insurance
- Hospital Choice Insurance
- Bereavement Pay for Loss of Immediate Family, Extended Family, and Pets
- Referral Bonus Program of up to $500/Referral
- Family First Discounts
- 20% off entire bill at Haven restaurant & bar for employee and up to 3 guests
- 20% off food and non-alcoholic drinks at Bern’s Steak House for employee and up to 3 guests
- 20% off food and non-alcoholic drinks at the Harry Waugh Dessert Room for employee and up to 3 guests
- 10% off total purchase at Bern’s Fine Wines & Spirits retail store
- 20% off entire bill for all meal periods at Élevage SOHO Kitchen & Bar for employee
- 20% off Spa Services at Spa Evangeline for employee
- 20% off Epicurean Theatre classes per online purchase
- Marriott Friends and Family Discount for hotel accommodations
- Complimentary Family Meal and/or $3 Discounted Meal per shift
- Free, Secure, Covered Parking
- Custom Packaging Health Plan Options with Tenured Based Employer Contribution
- Internal Career Growth Opportunities
- Tenured Anniversary Pay for maintaining full-time status (5 days up to 20 days paid annually)
- 401K Employer Match of 25% Up to the First 6%
- 100% Education Reimbursement Program for Approved Courses and Certifications with Supplemental Reimbursement for Travel and Materials
The Company values a diverse workforce with all the unique qualities that individuals of various backgrounds and experiences offer our organization. We are committed to providing opportunities and developing employees to their fullest potential without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, marital status, military status, disability, sexual orientation or any other status protected by law.